Total Papercrafts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Total Papercrafts

The place to chat and learn about all things scrapbooking - log in to see the full forum!!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What are you reading?

Go down 
+3
Admin
sylvie
macnikki
7 posters
AuthorMessage
macnikki
Admin
macnikki

What are you reading? Empty
PostSubject: What are you reading?   What are you reading? EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 5:51 am

I know that a lot of our life is taken up with crafting, but I am an avid reader and wanted to know what are you reading right now? Can you recommend any good books?
Back to top Go down
sylvie

sylvie

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 6:52 am

I am an avid fan of Jodi Picoult. I have enjoyed every book I've read of hers. I have just started House Rules and I can't put it down.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 7:09 am

I'm cheating at the moment and have an audio book on the go! I'm listening to Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantell. It's historical fiction - if you liked The Other Boleyn Girl you'd certainly like this one!
One small issue is that when I put my earphones on I'm usually asleep within 5 mins!!
Back to top Go down
https://totalpapercrafts.forumotion.co.uk
sueeyley

sueeyley

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 7:13 am

I have just finished the Hunger Games Trilogy, I know it is teenage fiction, but I really did enjoy the books
I am just about to start Ash by James Herbert. I think the BBC are dramatising one of his books this autumn
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 9:24 am

I loved the Hunger Games books too Sue!!
Back to top Go down
macnikki
Admin
macnikki

PostSubject: Love Jodi Picoult!   What are you reading? EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 1:37 pm

Sylvie, you are right, Jodi's books are hard to put down. I have read the first Hunger Games and will go on with the next two!
Back to top Go down
lynne32

PostSubject: Re. What are you reading?   What are you reading? EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 6:10 am

I loved The Hunger Games trilogy too - my daughter recommended them to me Smile
I've just finished Bel Canto by Ann Patchett which I thought was terrific and now I've just started The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. I'm enjoying it so far....
Back to top Go down
macnikki
Admin
macnikki

PostSubject: BeL Canto?   What are you reading? EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 12:18 pm

Can you tell me a little about this book with a brief synopsis? Is it worth a read?
Back to top Go down
lynne32

PostSubject: Worth the read?   What are you reading? EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 2:37 am

Sorry which book did you mean? Also, I made a mistake - I've just started 'The Girl who Played with Fire' - the second one in the 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' trilogy. I've got the other one sitting on the shelf ready to be read next. Oops! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
macnikki
Admin
macnikki

PostSubject: Bel Canto?   What are you reading? EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 3:39 pm

Can you tell me a nit more about the book please?
Back to top Go down
Lyn E

PostSubject: What are you reading   What are you reading? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 10:02 pm

At the moment I am reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett it tells how wealthy American families treated their domestic staff.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 1:42 am

I've just finished reading 'Gisborne - Book of Pawns' by Prue Batten and really enjoyed it. It looks like its the first in a series with the next book due out next year which I'm now keen to read.

This is historical fiction, one of my preferences, and well worth a read if you like The Other Boleyn Girl and similar novels. I got this on a free download from Amazon and can highly recommend it.

Back to top Go down
wendywoo

PostSubject: What I am Reading right now!   What are you reading? EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 3:49 am

I am ready The Skinny rules by Bob Harper of the 'Biggest looser fame'

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you reading?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Total Papercrafts :: General Chat :: Book Club-
Jump to: